Monday, 28 January 2013

The planning stages

Well Len and I are going to take to the road again. For those of you who followed us on Route 66, this time we are taking a trip to Nashville and stopping to see some Civil War sites along the way. The trip came about because I had bought a ticket to fly over to help my sister Suzanne unpack after her move from Arizona to West Virginia. But no sooner had I bought the ticket than I discovered that I could not leave the country or I would lose my Job Seekers Allowance. So this demanded a rethink. The JSA runs out at the end of March which is just as the Easter holidays begin and I thought, why not do the trip with Len and make a holiday of it. And so I rebooked and the planning began. Len has always wanted to see the Civil War sites and he has had a lifelong dream to go to Nashville. Now I know Nashville isn't exactly close to where Sue lives in West Virginia but it is in striking distance and we love road trips! We will start with Gettysburg, motor down to Nashville for a few days and then head back to Washington DC via the Smokie and Blue Ridge Mountains. Sadly we only have 2 weeks to do it all but I reckon we can pack a lot into it. Watch this spot!
Len hopes to stand on the stage at the Ryman, imagining he is playing alongside Emmylou Harris!

No comments:

Post a Comment